Monday 30 July 2012

Preparing for hospital

I can't believe I am finally this close; emotions are intense.

I got as much as I could done before today to give me as relaxing a day as possible.  My clothes that I will take tomorrow are freshly washed (even if they were already clean), my toiletries bag is packed and my room is tidied.  All I really have to do today is pack my clothes into a bag and I am all set!

The scrub and nasal cream,
plus a couple of good luck
cards :)
Today I am having to use the antibacterial scrub and antibacterial nasal cream that I was given at my pre-operative assessment.  These contain chlorhexidine which kills microbes, even the MRSA bug Staphylococcus aureus.   I have been given detailed instructions on how to use these and it's all pretty straightforward.  It is making tomorrow feel much more real;  I can already smell hospital.

I was preparing to phone the hospital about half an hour ago and then they rang me!  I really started to panic they were phoning to cancel or something similarly awful, but no, they were ringing to tell me to report to Ward A, 7am.  I don't know what time I will be in theatre but as I will have to meet my anaesthetist, see The Prof etc etc it could be some wait.  I am nil by mouth after midnight, and allowed half a cup of water for breakfast so let's hope the wait isn't too long!

I will be keeping this blog up to date as much as possible with what is happening so keep checking back if you would like.




            Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment