Saturday 28 July 2012

London 2012 Opening Ceremony

I just had to do a post about the London 2012 Opening Ceremony last night - I am still buzzing from just how good it was!  I may be a teeny bit biased but what a show, and so British.  Through scenes of organised chaos it told our country's story to a backdrop of our musical talent... and humour.  The scene with the Queen and James Bond was absolute genius and showed all those who believe the Monarchy to be stuffy and out of date just how wrong they are.

For me in particular though,  it was the homage to the NHS, and the inclusion of our nurses and Great Ormond Street Hospital patients, that made me practically burst with pride.  The NHS is something all we Brits should be immensely proud of.  As someone who has had lots of dealings with the NHS, and will be back in hospital in two days time,  I will never be able to stress enough how grateful I am to this institution.  Free health care at point of access. We all need to realise just how lucky we are and I am so happy it got such a tribute last night -  it makes me proud to be British.


No comments:

Post a Comment