Friday 10 August 2012

My new scar

My operation was just ten days ago but today I had the stitches taken off!  The district nurse first came on Monday to change the dressings - I have two as the scar is longer than their longest dressing! They use just paper strips as stitches, butterfly stitches; the same as you probably had at some point in your childhood after some playground accident or other.  It's the weirdest feeling having them removed and I have to admit it made me feel really unwell - there were so many of them too that it took quite some time! All is looking incredibly neat already though and I can take the dressing off for good in a couple of days.   It is even longer than it was before, but I am even more proud of it :)

 

One week on from surgery with paper stitches still on

New scar 

4 comments:

  1. what's the name of this scar?? lovee it! Hope your feeling much better! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, what do you reckon? Jeremy the Great!? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa, wowow you trooper, you've had so much courage and spirit through all of this, definitely one of the bravest people I know. Scars are a sign of a persons strength and determination, so wear this one with pride. lovelove xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. 

    Regards,
    Scoliosis Disease in London

    ReplyDelete