Tuesday 7 August 2012

I am home!

I failed to mention in the last blogpost that I was writing from home!  Amazingly I was discharged from hospital on Thursday evening as I had completed the checklist of 'milestones to achieve before discharge'.   As you can see I did most of the checklist on Thursday itself; it's incredible how quickly everything comes together once you manage to sit and stand.



I was also just so determined to get home.  I was struggling to sleep in hospital and was not having a good experience with the nurses, all of which will be elaborated on in my next blogpost.

I had only managed to sit for more than 10 seconds for the first time on Thursday, let alone stand, walk or manage the stairs, so the journey home was certainly a challenge.  I live about 25 miles from the hospital and some of the journey is bumpy country roads so I had to keep taking deep breaths and thinking of my own bed!

Thank you to everyone who has contacted me to wish me luck for the operation and recovery; it's amazing to have so much support x

3 comments:

  1. When you get rested up enough. Please Gently Confirm, you do have the "Hidden Tension" I spoke of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is So Wonderful, to hear you had a Safe & Healthy Return from the Hospital

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to bring you some Much Needed Relief

    ReplyDelete